This disaster can't be confused with Tornado (Classic).
A giant tornado appears at the end of the map. Any parts in contact with it will break and fly off. Stay away from where the tornado is coming from.
A giant tornado appears at any area along the northern end of the map. It moves in a linear path from the Northern end of the map to any area pass the Southern wall of the map. It causes destructible parts in its path to fly off and disappear. The best way to survive is to move away from the tornado's path.
The tornado moves faster.
- This disaster used to rip off the shopkeeper's arm off.
- The earlier versions of Tornado flung blocks around, causing huge lag.
- Vyriss worked around this by having breakable parts that come into contact with the Tornado have a 50% chance to disappear.
- In Survive The Disasters 4, Tornado received some changes.
- It's disaster name was renamed to "tornander".
- Tornado moved while rotating in all angles.
- The Tornado now starts in a randomly chosen spot along the Northern wall boundary of the map.
- If it were to start in a corner in Green Hill Zone (removed map), it would have been able to take down the wall to the Chaos Emerald cave.