"Each laser beam deals 20 damage, and any breakable parts on contact will disappear. These things have perfect aim, take cover!"
"Comparing to standard Sighters, Hyper Sighters shoot 1.8x faster. There is a safe spot in all maps to completely avoid all the lasers"
4 Sighters will appear on each corner of the map, shooting extremely accurate green lasers towards the closet player. Each laser deals 20 damage. Players should hide under cover or behind a wall where Sighters cannon shoot you at its current angle. Be warned that the lasers can destroy parts if Sighters shoot at it, therefore hiding under destructible parts should be avoided.
Sighters now shoot in-turn which results in a slightly faster fire-rate.
They are slightly faster than their Hyper counterpart, and increases damage from their usual 20 to 68 every .25 seconds(it adds 1 damage everytime it shoots.). The damage will still add up, regardless of it hitting, or not hitting you. The lasers also phase through the leaderboard area next to the shop - a common place to hide, normally in Normal/Hyper Sighters.
Potential Hiding Spots
In each map there is at least 1 spot where none of the Sighters can hit you (apart from the Shop building), as stated in the Hyper Memo. Here are the spots in some maps.
- Atlantis: At the stone temples. The spot has to be precise, so that Sighters hit the pillars. Works best with the one near the shop.
- Winterville: Behind the big christmas tree on the left of the house. Stay near the Presents. This also works by hiding under any smaller tree.
- Moonbase: At the metal structures on the left of the house.
- Spooksville: In the cave/drain on the left of the house, or in the church on the far right.
- City Park: Stand under the Noob Tower by standing on the inside of the pillar closet to the center of the map If the pillars are destroyed use the nearby Purple Hut Structure.
- Wacky Warehouse: In the pipe.
- Frenzy Farm (upcoming V42 map): Behind the tree that drops apples on the left of the house. Stay on the right of the rake.
- Tropical Trouble (upcoming V42 map): Under the docks located at the seashore.
- Camp Caution (upcoming V42 map): Under the bridge located at the lake.
- Plastic Palace: In one of the two pipes.
- Candy Cloud: Under any far side of the Candy Bridge, the two ends are unbreakable.
- Galantasy: Next to the side of the stairs at the far right, or in the cracks near the pillars.
- Castle Gardens: Under any far side of either small Bridge. Those parts are unbreakable.
- Home Sweet Home: Under the far right book stack. Make sure your facing the left book.
- Molten Metal: Back left structure inside the Yellow Neon Pillars. Make sure you stay inside the surrounding poles to avoid sighter hits from the corners.
- Dandy Desert: In the left Canyon against the inner wall closest to the center. This will ensure no hits from the front left sighter.
- Sighters were easier prior to Version 1.14; their aiming skills were not as accurate and could be dodged by constantly moving.
- However, they were buffed in Version 1.14. They now have flawless aim and will kill you if you don't hide behind something.
- Don't underestimate it; it can kill you in seconds if you don't take cover and it can remove breakable parts to hurt you.
- Don't overestimate it, either; Sighters can be easily avoided by hiding behind unbreakable parts and their damage can easily be recovered with healing gear.
- Any destructible buildings or parts will be demolished by the sighter. It's better to take cover behind parts that cannot be destroyed.
- A good strategy is to hide around the Gear Shop, as there is an invisible wall which reliably protects you from the sighters.
- This disaster was suggested by a fan.
- Sighters are based off of a Laser Shooter found in a Classic PlayStation 3 Game called G-Force.
- The hyper sighters before changes, deal 8 damage. But after changes, it doubles the damage deal (changes to normal damage).
- In Survive The Disasters 4 (April Fool 2018), the Disaster warning was renamed to ”corner pokers”.
- In Version 1.35, their damage was increased from 16 to 18.
- Normal Sighters was buffed from 18 to 24 damage during the following updates, but was not announced. However, they were nerfed to 20 damage while hyper Sighters were buffed to 20 damage in Version 1.40.
- Sighters were temporarily broken in Version 1.415 whereas the Sighters wouldn't shoot lasers, same case with Shurikens.
- After Version 1.415 removed all the Christmas related content, Sighters alongside Shurikens was fixed, but Hyper Sighters got nerfed to act more like its Standard version.
- You can hide behind the house to make it not hit you, but it can also hit the insides of the house and breaking the back parts.