"You tested the legendary sword of SFOTH, and the power may be a little too overwhelming..."
- The Legend of the Sparkling Sword badge
"The giver of The Legendary Sparkling Sword from SFOTH appears! But what is it doing here though...? It seems to be fake. Touching it does not give you the Illumina. Instead, touching it creates a massive explosion around it. Stay away from the bait, even if no one is near it!"
"The Illumina giver which is now 'Illumina Man' grew some limbs to move around, chasing anybody nearby begging someone to pull the explosive sword out of it. It can be bloxxed for some points, but be careful staying nearby it when the round is about to be over! It self detonates at last remaining 2 seconds of the round."
Hyper Illumina now becomes Illumina Man, who can move around. The blast radius is still the same. Another thing to note is that Illumina Man will explode, if not previously detonated by a player, at the last second of the disaster. It has bloxxer points.
Illumina is a "triggered" disaster, meaning at any given time, should a naïve player would result in a relatively large explosion approximately twenty to thirty studs from what generally is the front of the house. Safe spots are the corners, as well as the second half of any given map.
Illumina Man, which is the hyper-exclusive variant, will chase players in hopes of a user "grabbing" the Illumina, which would result in a premature explosion. Stay in far range and is best using a non-melee weapon to attack the Illumina Man, as it can help obtain Bloxxer points. As mentioned before, it will detonate at the last second, so it is advisable to keep a relatively safe distance away from Illumina Man.
The duration is now 15 seconds and it will explode a few seconds later, also the explosion is increased by 10% and he (Illumina Man) is also a little faster.
- Touching the Illumina before the end of the round will earn you a badge called "The Legend of the Sparkling Sword."
- A common occurrence with users is the intention of touching the Illumina in hopes of destroying one's streak, or to solely troll other users; enraging them naturally.
- Panicking on maps with close pits such as City Park or Galantasy is also not a good idea, as you could run into the pits, to your doom and die.
- Like other disasters, only players who are "alive" can activate the explosion. Very rarely can a second explosion occur, if it is touched by another user that has not previously died the first time.
- The explosion is an instakill, however there is a very slim chance of receiving 75 damage to your hitbox if one is precariously close to the blast radius.
- The Illumina was originally in the center of the map instead of near the house.
- The Hyper-Variant of Illumina, or Illumina Man, was not considered an enemy at first, but on Version 1.24, it since then has, considering it was possible to obtain Bloxxer points.
- In Survive The Disasters 4, its disaster name was renamed to "sword".
- In the Hyper Version, its behavior is the same, but will explode at the last second of the timer.
- It is best to get the Badge in Pacifist Mode, regardless of difficulties.
- The safest practice of surviving this disaster (due to either a troll or inexperienced player), the best spots are the corners.
- The explosion only deals 75 damage if you on the outside border of the blast radius. That doesn't mean you should still stay near it, however.