When a Danger Mode is about to appear, a "WARNING!!!" notice will appear during the intermission, which is accompanied by an alarm-like sound. Danger Modes have a 16.7% (33.3% in Hardcore) chance of occurring on a non-starting round (any round but the first when a new map is chosen), making it the most common after Boss Time and Bonus Rounds.
The Coins collected after the round are multiplied depending on the Danger Mode chosen, as a bonus for surviving a harder than normal round. Hypers give 1.5x as many coins as the normal version and Impossibles give 2x coins.
Currently, there are five (last one exclusive to Hardcore) different Danger Modes active in the game and three that have been removed for the sake of game balance.
Certain Danger Modes, especially some combinations in Multi Disaster rounds, can prove to be very difficult or even impossible. Be careful!
Types of Danger Modes
Multi Disaster - 30% chance
- Double Trouble: Two random disasters in a single round.
- Triple Threat: Three random disasters in a single round.
In Hardcore, Multi Disaster will become Hyper Multi Disaster (Hyper Double Trouble, Hyper Triple Threat).
Disaster Variant - 40% chance
- Hyper Disaster: A tougher version of a disaster is performed in that round.
- Impossible Disaster (only in Hardcore): An even tougher version of a disaster is performed. Usually extremely difficult, but not necessarily impossible.
Mystery Disaster - 30% chance
- Mystery Disaster: A random disaster is performed; however the name is not revealed and heavy white fog surrounds the entire map, making it hard to react to the disaster's threats. The sounds of the Disaster can still be heard, loud and clear.
Removed/Survive The Disasters 4 exclusives
- Quadruple Threat: Four random disasters in a single round. Removed in v1.24 to lower the game's difficulty.
- Quintuple Threat: Five random disasters in a single round.
- Triple Triple Threat: Six random disasters in a single round.
- Double Trouble:
- Triple Threat:
- Mystery Disaster:
- Hyper Disaster & Impossible Disaster: