"Caterdriller drills its way out of the ground! There's a 50% chance Caterdriller will burrow below a random player and a 50% chance it'll target a random player."
"Comparing to the standard Caterdriller, this one digs and moves faster."
When the disaster starts, the Caterdriller will pick a random spot on the baseplate to emerge from. At the selected entry point, dirt will pile out for a couple of seconds, before the Caterdriller itself emerges from the entry point. The Caterdriller is a red large caterpillar with a drill on its nose that emerges from the ground, flies briefly through the air, and falls back down. The exit point of the Caterdriller will have a 50% chance to be deliberately placed under a surviving player or either a random point of the map. Touching any part of the Caterdriller will result in instant death. (OHKO)
The Caterdriller is now painted fully black and digs up, and down at a faster rate. Previously, it would dig up from where it had last dug down, but this was changed in a later update, and hence, it acts just like the Hyper Variant, targeting a new location after it had dug down.
- The concept for Caterdriller was first announced on March 26, on Survive The Disasters 2's Twitter page.
- This disaster was later confirmed to be added in the game in The Disasters 2's Twitter page on March 27.
- It is recommended that players use speed boosting gear such as Speed Coil, Epic Katana or Epic Sauce to quickly move out of the way of the Caterdriller's path.
- Some players believed Hyper Caterdriller is harder than Impossible Caterdriller because Hyper Caterdriller's random entry point is much harder to predict than Impossible Caterdriller's same exit-entry point.
- This changed in a later update, making it harder than it's Hyper Variant.
- This is also the only time where a Hyper Variant of a disaster is considered harder than it's Impossible Variant.