Boss Time is a period similar to Danger Modes when the players have to fight a single, harder enemy. The Boss Time alert is accompanied with a voice saying "Ladies and gentlemen, it's showtime!". Boss rounds last for 1 minute , and will automatically end if the boss is successfully defeated. (With the exception of Hyper bosses)
The bosses only appear by themselves, unlike other enemies, which spawn in multitudes. Bosses usually have their own attacks and, as a result, are more dangerous than regular enemies. They also have more HP, which means they are harder to kill. If the players do manage to succeed in taking down the boss, however, they are able to reap great rewards.
In hardcore, like other disasters, they are replaced with their Hyper counterpart. Bosses without Hyper counterpart will not make an appearance in Hardcore. In addition, Reaper and Black Mage becomes 'Superbosses'.
As mentioned, Reaper and Black Mage will now appear as 'Superboss' in Hardcore. Their 'Boss Time' warning color changed from light blue to purple-red. They appear as Hyper counterpart like hardcore bosses. The difference of Superbosses and hardcore bosses is the duration. Hardcore bosses last for 60 seconds while Superbosses last for 150 second. They also receive a much larger amount of HP. The said factors make Superboss harder compared to hardcore bosses.
|Crimson Balrog||135||700 each (total 1400)||2800 each (total 5600)|
- Alexnewtron has the best Bloxxer awards with 2000 Coins.
- Reaper, Crimson Balrog, Alexnewtron, Black Mage, Giant Noob, and Undyne are the six bosses that have Hyper versions.
- Boss Times seem to be more common compared to Bonus Rounds, but rarer than Danger Modes.
- Giant Zombie, while implemented earlier, was categorized as a boss in Version 1.24.
- If either Giant Noob or Giant Zombie are hit by a gear with the Ego Expander upgrade too much, they will disappear from the map. The timer will still count down if this happens.
- Epic Duck is no longer a boss as of Version 1.29.
- There's a rare chance that a boss can appear during a Mystery Disaster, it'll be the easiest to find out if there's a 60-second countdown when the disaster starts. It can also automatically end if the boss defeated.
- Giant Noob and Reaper were the only bosses that had health and Bloxxer changes in Survive The Disasters 4.
- All of the bosses' health were slightly buffed in Version 1.29.
- Yojimbo is added in Version 1.365.